The Beechcraft Model D17 Staggerwing from Rage R/C provides smooth, capable flight performance (either indoors or outdoors in light winds) that's ideal for experienced pilots due to extremely light wing-loading. This model faithfully captures the character of the original D17 with scale features that include a highly-detailed radial engine, a full- symmetrical airfoil wing design with rib details, flying wires, an authentic scale trim scheme, flaps, and retractable landing gear.
For sport pilots, the Beechcraft now includes the PASS (Pilot Assist Stability Software) system which allows the performance envelope of the airplane to expand with your flying skills. The PASS system is controlled by a convenient 3-position transmitter switch, allowing for in-flight selection between Full Assist, Partial Assist, and No Assist (system off). Full Assist limits the degree of banking during flight and provides maximum stability for smooth, coordinated turns. Partial Assist allows for more aggressive bank angles for tighter turns. In either switch location, should you become disoriented or lose control, simply releasing the control sticks will return the aircraft to straight and level flight. When your skills have progressed sufficiently to confidently fly in No Assist mode (system off), PASS remains ready to help should you ever lose orientation or feel out of control. All that's required is to move the switch to either Full or Partial Assist and you're back to straight and wings-level flight within seconds!
The Beechcraft Model D17 comes fully assembled as an RTF (Ready-To-Fly). Everything needed to fly comes is included in the box. All of the electronics are pre-installed in the scale airframe, such as a 4-in-1 control board, individual servos to control the ailerons and retracts, and a 2.4GHz transmitter that conveniently charges the included 1S 200mAh LiPo battery. Even the AA batteries needed to power the transmitter are included, so the maiden flight of this amazingly detailed, historic airplane can become a reality within minutes of opening the box!
NOTE: Recommended for experienced pilots capable of coordinated turns using rudder and aileron.
- PASS (Pilot Assist Stability Software) system
- Ultra-micro scale model of the historic Beechcraft Model D17 Staggerwing
- Smooth and capable flight performance that's perfect for experienced pilots
- Symmetrical airfoil wing design with rib details
- Beautifully detailed scale graphics
- Realistic functional retracts and flaps
- Extremely light weight at just 2.4oz (68g ready-to-fly)
- 6 to 8 minutes flight times on single 200mAh battery
- 5-channel transmitter with 2.4GHz technology and built-in LiPo battery charger
- 4-in-1 control board includes receiver, ESC, and 2 proportional servos
- NOTE: Recommended for experienced pilots capable of coordinated turns using rudder and aileron.
- Wingspan: 20 3/16 in. (513mm)
- Length: 17 1/16 in. (433mm)
- Top Wing Area: 15.15 sq. in. (3.3sq.dm)
- Bottom Wing Area: 15.15 sq. in. (3.3sq.dm)
- Weight with Battery: 2.4 oz. (68g)
- Battery: 1S 3.7V 200mAh LiPo
- Transmitter: 5-channel 2.4GHz with integrated LiPo charger
- On-Board-Electronics: 4-in-1 Receiver (2 servos/ESC)
- Flight Time: 6-8 minutes
ACCESSORIES AND EXTRAS (see "Product Accessories" below):
- Extra 200mAh 3.7V LiPo Battery