This is the Tamiya RC Subaru Brat Kit. The Subaru Brat was made solely for export, and achieved tremendous popularity in the U.S. market in the 1970s. Tamiya first produced an R/C version of this popular little truck back in 1983, and is now proud to present an updated, improved re-release of this classic R/C truck. Aside from the upgraded internal parts, this assembly kit comes with a driver figure for a nostalgic feel. In addition, both a super-detailed resin body for shelf display and a lightweight durable polycarbonate body for racing are included.
About the Chassis:
The unique space frame chassis features 4-wheel independent suspension system with front double wishbones and rear trailing arms. The rear suspension in particular has been updated with the diaphragm type oil dampers and coil springs. A 540 Type motor drives the differential-equipped gearbox, and the drive shaft features a dog bone joint for optimum transmission efficiency. Block pattern tires mounted on the realistic 8-spoke wheels rounds out this stylish package.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
- Comes with two body shells, one made of plastic material similar to the original BRAT for a nostalgic feel and one made from durable polycarbonate material.
- 4-wheel fully independent double wishbone suspension
- Requires: 2-Channel Radio, Servo, 7.2V Battery & Compatible Charger, and Tamiya PS/TS Paint for the body.
- Requires assembly. This is a kit-build vehicle.
- 2-Ch Radio System: transmitter and receiver
- Steering Servo
- 7.2V battery pack with compatible charger
- Tamiya PS/TS spray paint
- Length: 453mm (17.83 inches)
- Width: 220mm (8.66 inches)
- Height: 175mm (6.89 inches)
- Weight: 1,840g (with Resin Body)
- Tread: 197mm (Front), 178mm (Rear)
- Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
- Suspension: Front double wishbone with in-board spring, Rear trailing arm with oil damper
- Tire Width/Diameter: 35/82mm (Front/Rear)
- Frame: Space Frame
- Motor: RS540 Type
- Gear Ratio: 6.7:1, 7.3:1, 8.5:1